Email us at email@example.com
Jeff Corder or "Quarter" (nicknamed because of his sound-alike last name) is a Chicagoland food, improv, and live music fan who's always out wherever there's great pizza, plenty of laughs, and a good (or bad) band playing. Corder "grew-up" (…questionable) 28 Metra stops from Michigan & Randolph in the Southside paradise known as Blue Island. He graduated Dwight D. Eisenhower HS as "Most Likely To Be Unlikely" and attended Illinois State University…before they asked him to "please leave." When not on the air, Jeff can be found volunteering for local charities, playing with his Mom's parrots, or learning the art of power-napping.
When I was a little girl in Little Rock, Arkansas I used to stay up late with my favorite Christmas present - a transistor radio. I would tune in WLS AM, broadcasting from the exciting big city of Chicago, and when I heard Yvonne Daniels on the air I thought “YES! THAT’S what I want to do”. Dreams do come true because years later I ended up hosting the same show on WNUA that Yvonne Daniels hosted at one time. After college and some time touring with a band, playing keyboards and singing, I landed my first radio job in Little Rock. I then moved on to stations in Detroit and Chicago before doing mornings on WNUA. First solo then partnering with Jazz Great Ramsey Lewis. I joined Lite FM three years ago.
I live in the Northwest Suburbs with my hubby (the most patient man in the world) and my two sons. They’re used to Mom’s early morning hours and indulge my cooking obsession. They’ll try anything…once! Partially by necessity, I love to run. I’m not too speedy but better at endurance. This year will be my third Chicago Marathon. I do yoga to de-stress and tennis just to make my friends feel good about winning. I live for Family, Friends, Food and Music (maybe in that order). I love live music especially outside in the summer - From the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra to Ravinia to catching my friends’ bands playing in the local clubs. Looking at my Facebook page it seems like all I do is post about live shows and restaurants!
I really do feel like I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to do what I love – helping people wake up and get going in the best city in the world. Yes Karen… Life is Good!
photo credit: flickr
They are both known divas so it’s not much of a surprise to hear that Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez don’t like each other. According to The National Enquirer, Mariah is particularly furious at J.Lo because she’s been secretly coaching Carey’s American Idol enemy Nicki Minaj on how to outshine her on the panel. “They’ve always bad-mouthed each other, but Mariah hit the roof when she heard Jennifer called Nicki and offered to help her become the most popular American Idol judge,” claimed a source. “Jennifer is instructing Nicki on everything, from how to treat contestants to what to wear. Mariah was so upset she called Jennifer directly and told her to butt out!” Apparently Mariah and J.Lo have been at odds for years. “It boils down to Mariah having always viewed Jennifer as a subpar singer and actress,” said the source. “And J.Lo thinks Mariah is stuck-up, and has poked fun at her weight struggles. Mariah and Jennifer are now archenemies.”
photo credit: flickr
The “I’s” still need to be dotted, the “T’s” still need to be crossed, and the number of zeros at the end of the contract still need to be discussed, but Britney Spears will be doing a residency in Las Vegas. The pop star’s manager Larry Rudolph confirmed to Extra that the Sin City run of shows will happen at one of two casinos, and that the deal will be wrapped up once Britney and her team decide which venue to go with. A formal announcement is expected in the next coming weeks.
photo credit: flickr
It appears Beyonce has officially become a controversy magnet. The latest in a string of controversies surrounding the sexy singer comes courtesy of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), who have come down on Beyonce for choosing to wear an iguana and python-skinned black bodysuit during her electrifying performance at the Super Bowl on Sunday. According to the Daily News, a PETA spokesman said: “We would take a bet that if Beyonce watched our video exposes, she’d probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits or other animals who died painfully. Today’s fashions are trending toward humane vegan options, and Beyonce’s Super Bowl outfit missed the mark on that score.”
● Kristen Wiig has signed on to appear in the sequel to Anchorman, titled Anchorman: The Legend Continues. Wiig joins returning cast members by Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell and Dave Koechner. So far there’s no word on what role Wiig will play. The film is due to hit theaters December 20th.
● Is Yoda about to get his own film? Ain’t It Cool News reports that new Lucasfilm presidentKathleen Kennedy is interested in doing a Star Wars spin-off centered around the loveable and wise Jedi Master. The project is said to be in development and no plot details are known.
● CBS has ordered a drama pilot from the creators of Showtime’s Homeland. Anatomy of Violence will center on a criminal psychologist with an expertise in sociopaths, who partners with a young female detective with whom he shares a past.
● Robin Williams is coming back to TV. The Mork and Mindy funnyman will star in the CBS comedy Crazy Ones, from writer David E. Kelley. The sitcom, set in the world of advertising, revolves around a father-daughter relationship at home and at work.
● Bear Grylls is headed back to the Discovery Channel. After parting ways with the network in 2012, the survival expert has landed a new show on Discovery Networks International. The six part series, Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors, will air in 217 markets across Europe, the Mid East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. The show will chronicle stories of ordinary people stranded in dire situations. Bear then pits himself against the same dangers and scenarios.